Budget and Finance
Understanding the state budget process is a critical first step to understanding the financial landscape of Texas state government. Use the tools and information we provide to explore state spending from a number of different perspectives.
The Texas Budget Process
Do you ever wonder how the state's budgets are created?
Look no further than our Texas Budget Process Primer.
Budget and Expenditure Search Tools
The search tools gather an immense amount of data and can take a few minutes to fully load. If you need additional assistance with your search, try our help pages.
See how much an agency has budgeted for specific spending categories.
Compare what an agency budgeted for a specific spending category, and what the actual expenditures were for a given year.
Then, Now & the Future
Look at past and present revenue estimates, annual reports and economic forecasts.
- Biennial Revenue Estimate for Texas
- Cash Flow Report
- Certification Revenue Estimate
- Fees Schedule of State Revenues and Balances
- Economic Forecast Charts
- Texas Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- Annual Financial Reports
- Annual Reports of Nonfinancial Data
- Annual Cash Report
- Use of General Revenue – Dedicated
- Tax Exemptions and Tax Incidence